Saturday, September 8, 2007

Guess Who's Back


I woke up today and had a mission.

I was going to run.

It has been nearly a week and a half since an injury left me unable to run my key workouts. My ankle has since started to heal, and I have been itching to try it out.

Today was the day I scratched.

I didn't want to overdo anything, so this was an experimental lactica threshold run.

I ran a mile at an 8:55 pace, making sure my form was perfect. I sped up and ran two and a half miles at an 8:00 pace, pushing myself to maintain form. Finally, I jogged home (about another mile) and stretched out.

The verdict?

My ankle feels fine, the foot is working properly, and I am officially back in this thing.

I want to thank all of you for the words of support on my first (and b''h last) injury during training. I'm going to be taking an Army Physical Fitness Test on Monday, so I'll let ya'll know how I do. Part of the test is a two mile run (I'm aiming for 13:30).

As always, run fasterest.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's fantastic! Good luck tomorrow on the run for your physical.